Email marketing – Critical for selling online
In the world of online marketing, using your Facebook page and Twitter to drive traffic to your e-commerce site is enough right? Who needs to send out emails anymore to promote your products or announce specials?
You do. In a recent article by Wired magazine, the importance of using email marketing is discussed and why social media marketing alone is not enough. Among the facts that the article mentions are that:
- Online retailers have quadrupled the rate of customers acquired through email.
- Facebook barely registers as a way to make a sale.
- The small percentage of people who do connect and buy over Facebook has stayed flat.
- Twitter doesn’t register at all as a source of online sales.
- Email customers were nearly 11 percent more valuable than social media for online sales.
Please follow the article below to read more interesting facts about using email marketing versus social media marketing: